architecture question

Jeremy P jpcraigs at gmail.com
Wed May 8 17:33:16 UTC 2013

I understand letter of the law, spirit of the law and playing it safe to
avoid headaches.

However, there are times where registering a real domain just isn't
practical.  For example, I'm not going to ask all of the students in my
courses to go out and register a .com for the semester.  It would be a
waste of money as their systems never leave the local network, except
through a NAT connection.  So in those types of instances, I'm assuming
.lan or .test are safest?