architecture question

Jeremy P jpcraigs at gmail.com
Wed May 8 14:56:13 UTC 2013

I am building a lab environment where there are several separate domains,
all of them ending in .local

I've setup a server for the .local TLD, but I'm undecided (or perhaps
ignorant) as to the best way to have the individual domains (domain1.local,
domain2.local, etc) refer to the local zone on my TLD server.  Currently
I've also created a root server and set the root hints on domain1.local's
dns server to refer to it.  This works for local resolution, but this means
that domain1.local can't perform Internet lookups.

Thanks for any help,
Jeremy