Looking for a pointer on getting reverse mapping with DDNS to work with DHCPD & Named.

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:31:23 UTC 2013

On 29 March 2013 12:19, Jim Bucks <jbucks at coloradostudios.com> wrote:
> Any ideas (and yes, I did do over the "semicomplete" URL provided by
> ?Alex?").  The only difference I can see is that I used a 512 bit key vs the
> examples 128bit key. And, I'm using a slaves/ directory vs internal/
> directory for the "zones" files.

Have you tried taking some packet captures to see exactly what
communication is taking place between DHCP and DNS? Stepping back from
the config (assuming you think that configured is as it should be)
then look to see why the update itself is timing out by inspecting the
communication.

I would also set the log levels in both DHCP and DNS to debug and go
through them thoroughly after testing.

Steve