Precautions for upgrading from 9.7.7 to 9.9.2-P2

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Mar 28 20:37:18 UTC 2013

Wang, Yu <ywang10 at fsu.edu> wrote:

> I am in the process of preparing bind upgrade from 9.7.7 to 9.9.2-p2. I
> am reading release notes from 9.8.0 up to see if there are new
> things/features that might cause issues. I would welcome and appreciate
> advice on precautions I should take before, during, and after upgrade.

The main thing that you are likely to trip over is the change in the
default format of slaved zones, from text to raw. named should move the
old files out of the way and retransfer the zones, and complain about it
in the log. You probably want to remove the old slave zone files, either
before upgrading (to avoid upsetting named) or afterwards (to keep things
tidy).

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.