Having trouble setting up BIND 9.9.2-P2 on Win XP PRO SP3, won't start

Joanne Homier joanne.homier at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 01:37:08 UTC 2013

On 3/26/2013 9:40 PM, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
> I have no idea how things work on Windows, but I doubt "directory" is optional.

My named.conf was just fine.  At least for the current
version I didn't need to set the dir path, it appears to
be auto set.  Bind was failing to start because of a
permissions issue.  It couldn't open named.conf and after
granting permissions it worked.  This Windows machine now
has a working resolver and is much faster that other
remote DNS servers.  Normally I only use Ubuntu and bind
setup is much easier there.