Suspecious DNS traffic

babu dheen babudheen at yahoo.co.in
Mon Mar 25 16:21:30 UTC 2013

Hi Matus,

Still not convinced because if i need to allow >1024 port from  our DNS server to external world(internet).. where is the security?

I beleive we just need to allow TCP and UDP 53 from our DNS server to internet(any) which is already done. Not sure why we have to open non standard port from our DNS server to internet?

Kindly provide some details.

Regards
Babu