BIND9 statistics-server: JSON?

Shane Kerr shane at isc.org
Fri Mar 15 10:01:22 UTC 2013

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 06:57:10 +0100
Jan-Piet Mens <jpmens.dns at gmail.com> wrote:

> As a fan of BIND's statistics-server I was tempted to see if I could
> reduce the size of the data (XML) named produces by adding an option
> to produce JSON. The patch [1] (which is terribly quick and dirty)
> does that.
>
> [1] https://gist.github.com/jpmens/4958763

I used to say:

<snip/>

But in this case I'll say:

{ "text": "snipped" }

> If I cleaned this up appropriately and attempted to add some (all?) of
> the counters (I'm mostly interested in the list of zones which is why
> I started with that) would there be a chance of ISC adding this to
> stock BIND9? Even better: would ISC take on the work of doing it? ;-)

Evan has merged this into master, and it will go out in 9.10, sometime
later this year. (We're also putting it into our new subscription
branch, which should be available for subscription customers in a few
weeks.)

Thanks Jan-Piet!!!

--
Shane