Secondary DNS question...

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu Jun 27 02:47:07 UTC 2013

On 06/26/2013 06:50 PM, SH Development wrote:
> Okay, so I got to it sooner than I thought.  So, could you take a look at:
>
> starionhost.net
> stariontech.com
> starionline.com
>
> Any one of those, but they should all be identical now and on some new secondary DNS.

The delegations are now identical, and the buddydns servers work fine.

However I'm seeing very odd behavior with ns1.starionhost.net. I have a
Perl script which uses Net::DNS to check delegations. It almost always
times out when attempting to query ns1.starionhost.net, however I can
query the same server with dig repeatedly and it doesn't have any
problems. But that's not even the weirdest bit. When running the Perl
script it sometimes works for starionhost.net, but never works for the
other 2.

It seems to me that you have something very odd going on with your network.

hth,

Doug