Serving up two domains

Jason Hellenthal jhellenthal at dataix.net
Wed Jun 12 03:54:02 UTC 2013

Clue bat needed... :-)

Poised with a deception of documentation hello list members.

Curious if someone has faced the following.

I have a domain or two that I'm serving up and have traffic from some mobile devices and a few pieces of software that also try to resolve to the hostname.tld instead of what normally would be expected to be hostname.domain.tld.

Not really concerned with why but rather would just like to allow them to resolve to the same address as the .domain.tld.

I've done this just simply copying over the zone file and serving up the "tld" as its own domain with the same information for just forwarding only. The reverse actually just maps back to the actual hostname.domain.tld.

Is there an easier way that I just seem to be missing the term for in the docs ?

A PTR. to the right place and terms would be great if someone could. Or share if you have come across this and how you handle it.

Thanks for the tired reading eyes ...

--
 Jason Hellenthal
 Inbox: jhellenthal at DataIX.net