Build BIND 9.9.3-P1 on Solaris 10 with 'cc', using OpenSSL built with 'gcc'?

Mike Peterson mikep at noc.utoronto.ca
Thu Jun 6 16:34:46 UTC 2013

Is there any way to build BIND 9.9.3-P1 on Solaris 10 with 'cc', using
OpenSSL built with 'gcc'?

There are many other packages that use OpenSSL that only build with
'gcc', but BIND 9.9.3-P1 won't compile on Solaris 10 with 'gcc' (I think
it did previously, as my notes have 'CC=gcc' set in the 'configure'
statement, but the 'README' says building with gcc is not supported
unless gcc is the vendor's usual compiler). Building with 'gcc' fails
when trying to test whether 'openssl' works, and has other complaints
before that.

It appears to build with 'cc' if OpenSSL is disabled, which disables
DNSSEC (OK for now as we don't use it, yet).

Thanks,
Mike
--
Mike Peterson                            Information Security Analyst -
Audit