any requests

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Jun 6 08:32:18 UTC 2013

Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:
> On 06/05/2013 11:33 AM, Tony Finch wrote:
> > I believe the ANY hack on mail servers was a Sendmailism 20ish years ago.
>
> s/Send/q/

No, I meant Sendmail - see http://fanf.livejournal.com/122220.html

Sendmail at one time tried to use ANY for combined MX+A lookups, which
doesn't work. qmail uses ANY for CNAME lookups, which sort-of works, apart
from a number of bugs described on the page above.

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.