CVE-2013-3919: A recursive resolver can be crashed by a query for a malformed zone

Michael McNally mcnally at isc.org
Wed Jun 5 00:32:25 UTC 2013

This is a reminder to all readers of the bind-users list that ISC has
recently (within the past six months) changed its policy on list
announcements.

Prior to the change this list used to routinely receive duplicate
copies of official BIND announcements posted in bind-announce.

Since the change, we are trying to reduce the number of duplicate
messages received by subscribers.  We encourage all users of BIND
to subscribe to bind-announce so that you will receive important
announcements but if you are not currently subscribed you might
want to know that a security vulnerability disclosure has been
posted.

You can find it in the bind-announce list archives (where you can
also manage your subscription and join or resign from the list)