"auto-dnssec maintain;" and key "missing or inactive and has no replacement"

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Jul 26 06:52:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 12:05:35AM +0100,
 Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote
 a message of 21 lines which said:

> Obvious question: does BIND have permission to read the private key?

Yes, it runs (it is an experimental setup) as the same user which
owns the private key file.

> I guess it does since it managed to re-sign.

And to sign, the first time (the zone was unsigned). Indeed.

> Does the zone have only one key which is a KSK?

Yes. I tested with two keys, a KSK and a ZSK and the warning
disappears. Do you mean it is a spurious warning when there is only
one key (a CSK, as in co.uk)?