BIND10 Upstart Script

Miles Brennan miles at brennan.id.au
Tue Jul 9 08:05:06 UTC 2013

Hey All.

New list user here.. Miles from Brisbane.AU, currently tinkering with BIND10
just to see what it's like and evaluate stability for potential use in a
startup.

Background: A Geek!, I authored the Linux Home Server HOWTO
(www.brennan.id.au <http://www.brennan.id.au> ) a few years back to make it
easier for users to build their own home environment.

I looked long and hard for a good init / upstart script for BIND10, but
ended up writing my own to suit my CentOS 6.4 environment.

I thought you might like it for your WIKI so others can start playing with
BIND10 a little more.

Usage.

-        initctl start bind10

-        initctl restart bind10

-        initctl stop bind10

Cheers,

Miles

vi /etc/init/bind10.conf

description "BIND10 is a DNS server with DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 server support"

env
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin:
/usr/local/libexec/bind10

export PATH

start on runlevel [345]

stop on runlevel [0126]

pre-start script

        exec logger -p user.warning -t upstart-bind10 "BIND10 daemon
starting"

end script

exec b10-init --user bind --config-file /usr/local/var/bind10/b10-config.db
\

               --pid-file /usr/local/var/bind10/bind10.pid \

               --msgq-socket-file /usr/local/var/bind10/msgq_socket \

               --data-path /usr/local/var/bind10 --cmdctl-port 8080

#pre-stop

post-stop exec logger -p user.warning -t upstart-bind10 "BIND10 daemon
stopped"

respawn

kill timeout 30

console none