high volume from outside our networks question

Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. lkchen at ksu.edu
Wed Jan 30 22:23:53 UTC 2013

I think this is one of those reasons why mixing caching/recursion with authoritative is bad.

I think the option needed is 'additional-from-cache no;', but its only effective if 'recursion no' is done in global options ... or in a view?

Hmm, wonder if view is the answer....perhaps try something like:

view "trusted" {
match-clients { trusted; };
recursion yes;
allow-recursion { trusted; };
#allow-query-cache is then defaulted to same match as allow-recursion
}
view "untrusted" {
match-clients { any; }
recursion no;