How to measure the impact of enabling DNSSEC?

Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. lkchen at ksu.edu
Tue Jan 29 21:56:18 UTC 2013

On 01/28/2013 18:10, Brian Kroth wrote:

> I've had a very similar experience where I'm at.
>
>> At least from the NIST presentation, I got information on how to
>> contact somebody about these problems since its usually hard to send
>> email to the listed RNAME.
>
> Can you share?  It's true that usually it's some sort of email at that
> same domain, but if the resolving the domain isn't working, how are you
> going to get email there?

Q: Is there a contact for people on the outside to contact these
operators when their domain disappears, because can't send email to the
listed POC because their domain isn't resolving.

Scott Rose @ NIST: Yes, there is. It is one of those things that most
people outside of the government don't know about, which is sad.  The
registrar for the government has a helpdesk, that is
'registrar at dotgov.gov'. They have the database for all the current POCs
and the current operator is Verisign so it is a 24/7 helpdesk. And, they
can contact/call the operator and explain what kind of problems people
are seeing with their domain and what the solutions are.  There is also
a phone number for them on their website, so you could call them.

Which is 877-REG-GOVT (734-4688).

--
Who: Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. - W0LKC - Senior Unix Systems Administrator
For: Enterprise Server Technologies (EST) -- & SafeZone Ally
Phone: (785) 532-4916 - Fax: (785) 532-3515 - Email: lkchen at ksu.edu
Web: http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~lkchen - Where: 11 Hale Library