set directory for "auto" key files

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Thu Jan 10 01:05:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 03:59:51PM +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> Chris Thompson <cet1 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > One slight niggling disadvantage is that you can't tell
> > named-checkzone / named-compilezone with the -j option where
> > to find the journal is it isn't in the default location.
>
> I submited a patch to add a -J option which addresses this problem.
> (RT #30958)

It will be included in BIND 9.10.  (Thanks.)

Meantime, you can kluge around it by writing a script to symlink the
zone file and journal file into the expected relationship with one another,
then remove the symlinks after the checkzone/compilezone is finished.
Something like:

    origin=$1 zonefile=$2 journal=$3 shift 3
    ln -s $zonefile /tmp/db.$$
    ln -s $journal /tmp/db.$$.jnl
    named-checkzone "$@" -j $origin /tmp/db.$$
    ret=$?