Stop of logging of No Valid Signature Found

Casey Deccio casey at deccio.net
Mon Feb 25 19:00:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:09 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>wrote:

> Yes, I know lots of places don't have DNSSEC signed zones.  **I** have not
> done mine yet, but I turned on DNSSEC checking on my server and I am
> getting all too many messages like:
>
>       validating @0xb4247b50: 117.in-addr.arpa NSEC: no valid signature
> found: 1 Time(s)
>       validating @0xb4247b50: 117.in-addr.arpa SOA: no valid signature
> found: 1 Time(s)

Yes, but 117.in-addr.arpa *is* signed [1], so if you're not getting
signatures, that's problematic.

> How can I stop the logging of only " no valid signature found"?  So I can
> watch for more meaningful events and not so quickly grow /var/log/messages?

Logging can be tuned on a per-category (e.g., DNSSEC) basis, including the
location to which log messages are sent (e.g., file, syslog, etc.).  See
the section on logging in the BIND 9 Configuration Reference for more
information on how to do this [2].

Casey

[1]  http://dnsviz.net/d/117.in-addr.arpa/USuy_w/dnssec/
[2]  http://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/cur/9.9/doc/arm/Bv9ARM.ch06.html