Most specific match on PTR records

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Feb 22 16:51:15 UTC 2013

On 02/22/2013 01:26 AM, Nikita Koshikov wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us
> <mailto:dougb at dougbarton.us>> wrote:
>
>     Can you slave the 11.2.10.in-addr.arpa zone instead of forwarding?
>     That would be easier, and avoid the pitfalls already described by
>     others.
>

> I can't, 10.2.11.0/24 <http://10.2.11.0/24> network - is windows dhcp
> with dynamic dns registers.

I'm not sure why that would mean that you cannot slave the zone. Are you
concerned about too-frequent updates?

Mark was right, a delegation in the zone file is the simplest solution.
I suggested slaving the zone because it gives you better performance
locally, but if it isn't possible, Mark's solution is just fine.

Doug