Not - Re: New DNS server up and running

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Feb 21 13:15:27 UTC 2013

On 02/21/2013 02:38 AM, Sten Carlsen wrote:
> What about allow-query?

OK.  That was it.  The default named.conf had:

     allow-query     { localhost; };

and I commented that out, but ASSuMEd that if the default conf was
forcing it to localhost, the default must be any.  Yeah, right.  So
right now I am running with my internal nets for the internal view, and
any for the external view.  ISC has an FAQ on this and talk about
allowing external authoritative query, but not cache query.  I will have
to play around a bit with that.