broken ISP in china

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Feb 18 22:19:40 UTC 2013

Hi--

On Feb 18, 2013, at 2:07 PM, Lyle Giese wrote:
> Recently I moved this domain(lcrcomputer.net) to a registrar that suports DNSSEC and inserted the DS record for this domain.  I checked DNSSEC via  http://dnsviz.net and http://dnssec-debugger.verisignlabs.com.  Both show DNSSEC is working just fine for lcrcomputer.net.
>
> However, shortly after that one of my customers stopped receiving email from one of their clients in China.  They just brought that to my attention and I tried to email the client in China and got this back:
>
> For <robin at xxxxx.com.cn>, Site (xxxxx.com.cn/<ipv4 address>) said: 559 sorry , your helo/ehlo and domain in mail are invalid, you don't connect from there. (#5.5.9)

You've removed too much of the error logging and context to reliably debug the issue.
Perhaps try asking postmaster at xxxx.com.cn to confirm that they are seeing current DNS records for your domain.

> Because this started within 24 hours of when I published the DS record for lcrcomputer.net, I am assuming that this is related.
>
> Had anyone else run across this?  Or do I have something misconfigured here?

Well, the nameserver at ns1.lcrcomputer.net aka 209.112.71.50 doesn't seem to be responding:

$ dig www.lcrcomputer.com @ns1.lcrcomputer.net
; <<>> DiG 9.6-ESV-R4-P3 <<>> www.lcrcomputer.com @ns1.lcrcomputer.net
;; global options: +cmd

That's not helping matters, but it shouldn't be fatal since the other two nameservers do seem to be responding.

Regards,
--
-Chuck