Difference between multiple NS and NS having multiple A

Alexander Gurvitz alex at net-me.net
Sun Feb 17 14:26:01 UTC 2013

Is there any practical difference between the following two:

1.
example.com. NS ns1.example.com.
example.com. NS ns2.example.com.
ns1.example.com. A 1.1.1.1
ns2.example.com. A 1.1.1.2

2.
example.com. NS ns.example.com.
ns.example.com. A 1.1.1.1
ns.example.com. A 1.1.1.2

Is there any possible difference in the resolvers behavior ?
How bind9(10?) threats that ?

If someone knows about not-bind DNS resolvers I'd be happy to know that too.

Reason: We run a public DNS hosting. I think it would be more user-friendly
if once we add more nameservers, we would just add them as A records under
the same ns1/ns2, instead of advising each user to add ns3..nsX to their
parent zones.

Thanks,
Alexander Gurvitz,
net-me.net