empty-zones not set warning, but have net 192.168.128/24

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Feb 17 01:03:36 UTC 2013

On 02/16/2013 07:25 PM, Tony Finch wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>
>> I have been getting this warning, and wonder why?
>> I have read:
> https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-00804/0/Why-does-named-log-an-error-disabling-RFC-1918-empty-zones-when-starting-up.html
>
> named logs the message if there are any RFC 1918 zones that ought to be
> configured but are not.

OK.  I read that article to say if you specified one RFC 1918 address (I
was a co-author), then you would not get this warning. It is assumed
that then you know about them and the one(s) you include is all you will
have.

It would be nice if bind was smart enough to supply those you don't need.

>> I have a 128.168.192.in-addr.arpa.zone zone in my internal view.  So what
>> might I be missing?  Do I need to create my own delegation tree?
> Set empty-zones-enable yes;

Got it. OK.