Monitoring BIND

Arie Lendra. Putra arielp at smartfren.com
Fri Feb 15 08:30:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

Let me introduce myself,

My name is Arie L. Putra, I’m a data network engineer at a EVDO operator.

We are using BIND 9.3.6 ( a bit old yes), for our caching-only name server, we are not maintaining authoritatives.

We are not monitoring our DNS Server using:

1. Cacti (for traffic, cpu, mem, etc)

2. Munin for Stats

Do you have any recommendation for monitoring bind response time from a customer test node (a windows box)

On linux we could set up a dig script that provide response time in millisecond->ftp’ed to our server then graph it with RRDtool.

Any recommendation for windows env.?

Best Regards,

Arie Lendra Putra

陈维文

Together is a beautiful word,

Coming together is the Beginning, Keeping together is Progress

Thinking together is Unity, Working together is Success

si↑ ,n&