Export / Import all zone data

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Thu Feb 14 19:59:13 UTC 2013

Daniel wrote on 02/14/2013 02:52:55 PM:

> Just make the new server a slave of the old one, let it do zone
transfers of
> all of the old zones, then change the config on the new one from slave
> master.

I wonder if that wasn't done once before which is why the zone files don't
appear to be "structured the 'proper' way."Depending on the zone contents
you can end up with a lot of $ORIGIN and the like which can be a little
confusing.

Perhaps the original poster could share some examples of what is seeing.

Bill

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.