SOA issue

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Feb 14 03:02:45 UTC 2013

In message <00f701ce0a3f$5cc75db0$16561910$@net>, "Paul A" writes:

> Chris this is not a dynamic zone, I do have NS RR. I had to completely
> restart bind for it to work. No matter what I did with the serial it
> wouldn't change. Never had to do this before so it's a bit odd.
>

> Named-checkzone gave me no errors and rndc reload worked fine but the zone
> wouldn't update.
>

> paul

"zone reload up-to-date" means that the modification time on the
zone has not changed.  Named records the time it starts loading the
zone and won't reload it unless the modification time is later than
that time.

Also turn off the "add a URL" option in your mail client.  All it
does is make it harder for people to read your email.

Mark