chroot/etc/named/ directory?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed Feb 13 18:44:54 UTC 2013

Haven't done it on RHEL/CentOS 6.x yet but in RHEL5 with the bind-chroot installed I've always had:
/var/named/chroot as the jail for BIND.
/var/named/chroot/etc = Location of global config files such as named.conf
/var/named/chroot/var/named = Location of the zone files.

I don't see a /var/named/chroot/etc/named in RHEL5 but then again that is based on BIND 9.3.  RHEL6 is almost certainly based on a higher upstream version.   Since CentOS is built from RHEL source it would have that higher version as well.