question about dns query distribution

Casey Deccio casey at deccio.net
Wed Feb 6 20:06:36 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM, M. Meadows <sun-guru at live.com> wrote:

> Recently noticed that for 2 nameservers ns1.tbd.com and ns2.tbd.com(names are changed to protect the innocent) the first nameserver
> consistently receives twice as many queries as the 2nd nameserver.
> Who can tell me why queries are distributed this way?

I assume you are comparing queries for names within the same zone on both
servers?  If so, do either (or both) of the name servers have glue?  Are
the names of the servers as similar as you suggest (e.g., within the same
domain), or are they different?  How different are the servers in terms of
their network connectivity (i.e., to compare response time)?

Casey