Unable to transfer IPv4 reverse zone

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sat Dec 21 14:10:39 UTC 2013

On 21.12.13 14:00, Daniel Lintott wrote:
>I have pasted the output from running named as above here:
>http://pastebin.com/FprFEkyb
>
>I had changed the zone on the master and reloaded named a couple of
>times on the slave.
>
>Interestingly even when I've stopped named and I attempt a transfer it
>replies with the same SERVFAIL... whereas I'd have expected it to be
>unreachable (or similar)

I see two SOA requests but no AXFR.

I see this:

21-Dec-2013 12:53:34.560 binding TCP socket: address in use

two times. Who is listening on TCP port 53?
Apparently the one DNS server that is replying SERVFAIL...

"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."