Serial numbers for inline signing

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Dec 18 15:59:49 UTC 2013

Thomas Schulz <schulz at adi.com> wrote:

> Checking the resulting serial number, I find that it is 2013120423. The
> serial number in the static zone file is 2013120400. Why did it bump it
> up to 23? I expected something like 02.

Have a look at the sig-signing-signatures option which says (by default)
that named should create at most 10 RRSIGs per signing quantum, and each
quantum implies a SOA serial update. That should lead you to expect a
difference of more than 2 after what you did.

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.