how-to configure BIND or any DNS implementation for cloud infrastructure

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Fri Aug 30 16:09:34 UTC 2013

From: Odimegwu David <odimegwudavid at yahoo.fr>
> Is it possible for one to configure BIND or any DNS implementation
> for the cloud?
> I was forced to search for this forum because the exigences of my
> situation necessitates a cloud. But yet, in a cloud:
> 1. I cannot be systems administrator, even if, I don't know yet, if
> the company can give me administrator privileges.
> 2. The IP address of the machine will not possibly be my own because
> the machine will be shared by numerous subscribers to the cloud
> infrastructure.
> 3. I know that like all other users, i will be given set of user
> privileges that are restrictive.
> So, i am doubtful if my intentions are possible?
> Although, the domain name and zone administration recourses to me.
> With this constraints, is it possible for cloud DNS to be possible?
> I have this site in mind: polarhome.com, where i intend paying for
> server space.

This information should be provided by the service provider as it will
vary from vendor to vendor.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.