private tld

Maria bind-lists at iano.org
Tue Aug 20 22:15:24 UTC 2013

My company uses a private tld. We are working on fixing that but the fix is going to take a while, especially if our solution ends up being trying to register it with icann.

Our resolvers that all internet queries go through have a forward zone statement for that tld to some internal name servers. Unfortunately, when I turn on dnssec validation our resolvers go check out the root zone, see our private zone doesn't exist, and refuse to resolve records in the zone. Is there a solution I can put in place so we can do dnssec validation in the meantime while we work on ceasing to use the private tld?

Thanks,
Maria