Bind99 and a slave named server

Sten Carlsen stenc at s-carlsen.dk
Sun Aug 18 20:14:56 UTC 2013

On 18/08/13 22:06, Dave Warren wrote:
> On 2013-08-18 10:39, LuKreme wrote:
>> Since it is all working, what I am looking for now is "how to convert
>> you master bind server to a slave".
>
> Change the zones from master to slave in your named.conf? There really
> isn't much more to it than that, assuming you have a new authoritative
> master is already configured and serving the zones.
>
> Watch the logs for any errors indicating that your
> former-master-now-slave has newer versions of zones than the
> new-master, as this might indicate errors, but outside of that, the
> fact that a server used to be a master makes very little difference.
Also look at permissions etc. The new master needs to be told that the
master-turned-to-slave is allowed to axfr and the new slave must know
who to look for as the master.

You need to consider whether you will be happy with the new binary file
format at the slave or you need to specify the text format.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen

No improvements come from shouting: