Caching server - named process is limit at 500MB

Fajar A. Nugraha work at fajar.net
Fri Apr 26 09:16:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Chu Ha Khanh <khanh.chu at svtech.com.vn> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is my output from command. It looks like my bind version is actually 32
> bit. But there are some default applications also 32 bit although all are
> installed on a 64 bit OS. I have to check this for a moment.

Correct.

If you want to blame someone, blame Oracle. I assume you HAVE some
kind of support contract for Solaris, since its free for development
purposes only, and other uses require support subscription. If you do,
you might be able to open a support ticket and get them to explain in
detail why they made that choice.

Short version is solaris use and compile 32bit programs by default. In
past I've forced some programs to compile as 64bit by using something
like

export CFLAGS="-m64"
./configure ...

Since you wrote you can't compile it with sun studio, try gcc witch that flag.

--
Fajar