historical issues with query performance during AXFR

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Fri Apr 26 06:01:18 UTC 2013

At Thu, 25 Apr 2013 13:42:00 -0500,
"C. B." <cbrookes at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if there were any well known (or otherwise) historical
> issues with query performance by an authoriative BIND server answering
> queries for records in a zone it was in the middle of performing an
> AXFR/IXFR on? Particularly in the 9.5.x code branch?

This may be related to this topic

2878.	[func]		Incrementally write the master file after performing
			a AXFR.  [RT #21010]

but it depends on what specifically you mean "AXFR/IXFR on" and "in
the middle".  From the above description of yours I guess that's
probably irrelevant of your background situation.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.