Caching server - named process is limit at 500MB

Chu Ha Khanh khanh.chu at svtech.com.vn
Fri Apr 12 03:25:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

We deploy bind 9.x.x cache server, solaris 10 sparc on a system that
servicing large customers. We face an issue that  bind process on a server
is limit at 500MB. If number of request to the server  is increase, bind is
hang and unable to response queries. We recognize the named process is at
500MB when it is hang.

To face this issue we make many virtual machines on a physical server (
zones in solaris sparc, and xen on intel ) to increase performance. Because
we can increase the performance on a physical server,  so we can deduce that
the issue is not cause by hardware limit. It may be a software bug or miss
configuration.

Please take a look for my issue. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks and Best Regards,

 Website:  <http://www.svtech.com.vn/> www.svtech.com.vn      E-mail:
<mailto:khanh.chu at svtech.com.vn> khanh.chu at svtech.com.vn