Some Server not Resolving certain address

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Mon Apr 8 13:25:47 UTC 2013

> From: "Arie L. Putra" <arielp at smartfren.com>

> Some of my server reported SERVFAIL,
>
> i try some reference on http://www.whatsmydns.net/ and some result
> fail indeed, but why some of my server still resolve ok?
> or my other server which resolve the domain actually "late" to see
> the invalid record?

In your first message, you said "All server virtually the same
configuration."  What are the differences? What do the servers that do
resolve have in common that is missing on the others?  What do the ones
that fail have in common?  Could it be an issue with IPv6?  Are they all
running the same version of bind?  Differences in named.conf?  Could there
be differing firewall rules for the different servers?

Try running dig from each server.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.