No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

#ifdef ISC_PLATFORM_USETHREADS

        /*
         * This is a temporary (probably) hack to fix a bug on tru64 5.1
         * and 5.1a.  Sometimes, pthread_cond_timedwait() doesn't actually
         * return when the time expires, so here, we check to see if
         * we're 15 seconds or more behind, and if we are, we signal
         * the dispatcher.  This isn't such a bad idea as a general purpose
         * watchdog, so perhaps we should just leave it in here.
         */

The bug is in the Debian portable threads library or in the hardware.

Here is the origin

http://www.gnu.org/software/pth/

I did not find it in my logs, neither multi nor single cpu, neither Debian
nor other. But Im am running plain 32 bit after having encountered
peculiarities with SuSE and 64 bits.

As far as I can see the messages does not depend on the -debug switch setting.

You might try to temporarily switch the kernel to use a single cpu, just to
see if the message is gone then. But only if it occurs often enough and
dont leave it single cpu :)

Kind regards
Peter

--