No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

"Note that setting recursion no does not prevent clients from getting data
from the server's cache; it only prevents new data from being cached as an
effect of client queries"

specifically:
To barry's email saying that allow-query-cache now did what allow-recursion
was thought to do, you said "recursion no" did this. It does not, as clearly
stated in the ARM excerpt above. Yes it seems cleaner, but no it doesn't
work.

In 9.3 if you wanted this behaviour you could use allow-query with acls as
many default bind configs will in fact do. But "recursion no" doesn't
replicate this behaviour. To my reading of the ARM (9.3 and 9.4) and
experience with BIND it appears fairly clear cut.

As to your experiment, perhaps you could include the full named.conf if you
feel its genuinely possible to block the querying of the cache with
"recursion no".

--
Kal Feher