No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

downtime as doing "rndc reload".
I have tried this on RHEL, FreeBSD 6.1, NetBSD, Gentoo, Debian, and
Mandrake.  All function the exact same way.

Can this timeout be prevented in anyway?
I've seen this question asked numerous times without a definate answer, so I
thought I would just ask it one more time.

If anydone does have this working, what were the compile options and the
startup options that you used?

On 11/09/05, Paul Vixie wrote:

> Tavis Gustafson <tavis at hq.newdream.net> writes:
>
> > Hello all.  We currently run bind9 on 3 auth dns servers, one primary,
> > two secondaries.  With over 100k domains, any time we do rndc reconfig
> > on master or rndc reload on secondaries, we get lookup timeouts of up to
>
> > 30 seconds.  Even with staggering the updates on primary and secondaries
>
> > it's getting to be a real problem.
>
> 9.3.1, built with threads on anything but freebsd<6.0, should make this
> better.
>
> 9.4.0, built with threads on anything but freebsd<6.0, *will* make this
> better.

Thanks for any help.
-jm