No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

NetReg is a DNS & DHCP management system (and much more) that we wrote in
house to replace our previous database. We manage DNS & DHCP for 50K
machines, and NetReg does it all. It is available under an OSS license and
is in use at several other locations. NetReg provides a self service web
interface with flexible permissions, privilege delegation, IP address space
management, DNS record validation, and more.  For information visit
http://www.net.cmu.edu/netreg

As the current primary developer of the system I'm a bit biased, but I
think its a great system. It has a steep learning curve, and the
documentation leaves something to be desired (like a tech writer...), but
once you hit a certain scale the benefits outway the cost. On the site
linked above you'll find a working demo with some base data you can
experiment with, but obviously the full power of the system isn't utilized
until you have lots of data and can see the resulting zones & config files.

There is an active mailing list. Feel free to join it and ask questions.