No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

Shouldn't you use SRV or EDNS0 records?

Q: SRV records were, roughly speaking, meant for letting people add this
sort of thing to DNS without having to add new record types. See also
RFC2761, Extension Mechanisms for DNS.

A: Yes. But SRV records are hard for people to understand, and TXT records
are easy. Fast widespread adoption is our goal. The Right Thing To Do is
to get our own RRtype, and we will apply for it. We just don't expect to
get it anytime soon.

(end paste)

I don't know if they've applied for such yet, tho.

-Dan

--

"What's with the server farm down in the basement?"

-Spider, Three Skulls Commons at Selden House, 4/15/00