No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

dig @213.120.117.41 bluestarlinux.com axfr

> I used dnsreport.com to do some testing, and it reported a lame nameserver
> as well, 212.23.31.88, which i expected, however one thing seemed really odd
> in the report, it reported the versions of bind as incorrect, NS0 was
> reported correctly , 9.1.3-4, but NS1 was reported as some version of 4 (i
> cant find out which at the moment as dnsreport.com website is down).

Well is it the right IP address?

You can check with dig easy enough, who needs websites ;)
dig @212.23.31.88 version.bind chaos txt +short
"4.9.8-REL"

You don't appear to have an entry for the IP addresses of either
name server in the zone file. Adding those two as A records will
help things enormously.

> I have probably made some totally stupid error (i am new to configuring
> nameservers) , but am beginning to think that maybe i have not made any
> errors, is it possible that something else is to blame ?.
>
> PS :- My servers are behind a router / firewall with an ADSL connection,
> with port 53 forwarded to the machine doing the dns serving, and the
> firewall temporarily disabled during testing.

It is vaguely possible that named version is coming from your
firewall. More likely is the IP address is wrong, or you are
running the wrong version of named for some reason, usually
because you have a Redhat version in /sbin/named and the ISC
version in /usr/local/sbin/named, so some such confusion.