No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

=F2
--- multi.de ping statistics ---
6 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, +3 errors, 100% packet loss
[root at clotho named]#

Which is the Internet multi.de address rather than =
multi.de.morinda.com, not
what one would expect with the resolv.conf as shown above. Other
hosts/domains (mail.de, ftp.de, and so on) all exhibit this same =
behavior.
None of the other subdomains (au, ca, th) have this problem.

The entries in the named.conf file on the main office DNS server look =
like
this:

/* The Australia network */
zone "au.morinda.com" {
        type stub;
        file "stub/au/au.morinda.com";
        masters {
                10.111.6.1;
        };
};

zone "de.morinda.com" {
        type stub;
        file "stub/de/de.morinda.com.zone";
        masters {
                10.121.6.1;
        };
};

It does retrieve the glue and place it in the file.

There are no entries in the morinda.com zone file for anything in the
de.morinda.com domain. Here is the zone file on 10.121.6.1:

$TTL 86400
@       IN      SOA     multi.de.morinda.com. hostmaster.morinda.com (
                2000082100      ; Serial YYYYMMDDxx format where =
xx=3D0-99
                10800           ; Refresh in seconds
                3600            ; Retry in seconds
                3600000         ; Expire in seconds
                86400   )       ; Negative cache time

;Nameservers
                IN      NS      multi.de.morinda.com.

;Mail Relays
                IN      MX      20      multi.de.morinda.com.

;Routers
router          IN      A       10.121.1.1

;Servers
multi           IN      A       10.121.6.1
mail            IN      CNAME   multi.de.morinda.com.

I have restarted the name servers in the main office and the Germany =
office
to clear the cache out, hoping that maybe it was just a freak =
corruption
problem, but the problem persists.

I really can't figure out why one delegation would work in the search =
and
another (just this one as far as I can tell) wouldn't. Any help would =
be
appreciated. I may not have given enough information or been very clear =
(it
has been a long day) so just let me know if you need anything else to =
be
helpful.

Thanks,
	Adam Augustine