No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

to MX (check the man pages or from an nslookup prompt on windoze, type ? or
something to get help). To check different nameservers, you can specify the
nameserver IP at the command prompt in "host" and in nslookup on windoze it is
something like "server 1.1.1.1" from the nslookup prompt (type nslookup without
any arguments and you are at the nslookup prompt).

The above test gives you answers about DNS related problems.  To test the
actual mail routing, the mail headers show what mail servers were talked to
while the mail was routing.  Check the headers on a "broken" mail route and a
correct mail route.  You will see something like

local server talked to isp server
isp server talked to mydomain mail server
domain server delivered to "mailserver"

and a broken one will have a different path, possibly bypassing "mydomain
mailserver"

Feel free to forward mail headers to me, at least 1 good route and 1 bad.

- water at bighead.org
- World's Greatest Speler
        Do what thou wilt shale be the whole of the Law.