No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

Is there an existing domain structure in place?  If there is you need to
understand that moving a very large domain structure around may be much more
challenging than you thought, especially if you have not made yourself very
familiar with the data first.  DNS data that has been maintained in several
to many very autonomous environments can hold some really BIG surprises,
when you try and move it around using automated tools...by the way, you have
to build the automated tools too.

How much central management is done now, and is planned for the future.  If
you have no central oversight and management...real active oversight and
management, then you will probably gain little, with your single domain
concept.

What is your network infrastructure, a global private network, or many many
enclaves hung off of ISPs around the world.  A single backbone would
probably fit nice with a single domain, but does not require it.

By the way, if all of it becomes very complex, I have seen simpler problems
run through Decision Support Software like Expert Choice, to help keep the
decision making logic stable and not influenced by today's best idea.

ray