No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

'DESTETC=/usr/local/etc'

You can change this line or override it with a parameter to Make; see the
src/INSTALL file.

>I found not a directory, but a file in the /usr/local, called
>etc.
>It was exactly the same as the /etc/named.conf.
>
>Is that normal?
>
>What generates this file? And what I have to do with it?
>I deletet the /usr/local/etc file, made a /usr/local/etc
>directory, and copied the /etc/named.conf in it.
>Now, I can start the named, but I'm not sure, that this was
>the good solution...

You could just make /usr/local/etc a symbolic link to /etc.

I think the reason that Solaris uses a different directory than /etc is
because it's necessary to get proper security on the "ndc" socket special
file.  Solaris doesn't check permissions on sockets, so to prevent
unprivileged users from using the "ndc" command you have to move /etc/ndc
to a directory that they don't have execute permission to,
e.g. /usr/local/etc/ndc.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com