No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 05:34:32PM +1000, Mark_Andrews at isc.org wrote:
>       No sane IP stack sends out packets with a source port of
>       zero.  There is scanning software that does this however.
>       The message just indicates that we have seen such a packet.

Btw. I regularly see the same messages from the same host in my
logfiles. In a previous discussion in this list I was told that there
is a software (forgot the name) that tries to measure network
topology/speed/connectivity and sends out the ip address of the
"best" host based on this measurements.

	\Maex

--
SpaceNet GmbH             |   http://www.Space.Net/   | Stress is when you wake
Research & Development    | mailto:maex-sig at Space.Net | up screaming and you