No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

same question (but I could be wrong about this).  After this period, they
finally offer a response.

Others have also seen this phenomenon, and it only seems to occur on
8.2.x.

My question is: what is BIND supposed to do when it encounters a lame
delegation--that is, it has been asked for zone information, though it not
configured with that zone? What steps should it take to attempt to resolve
the query? By default, BIND is configured for "recurse yes": how should
this affect BIND when it encounters a lame domain?

My second question might only be answerable easily by ISC: did something
change in the coding from 8.1.x to 8.2 that may have affected the way BIND
handles lame delegation responses?  I've been sifting through the code
differences, but I might do better if I had some code areas on which to
focus.  Any suggestions?

Regards,

JD