Question related to domain names and less to bind straight.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Sep 5 05:04:53 UTC 2012

I am working on a blacklist and in order to filter the list and to do
some Error checks I first want to identify the TLD part of the domain to
make the search prefix at least of the domain and not the tld.

the basic list exists at: http://data.iana.org/TLD/tlds-alpha-by-domain.txt

But in a case of a regional tld such as "il" I want to filter the domain
in the second 3rd level.

is there an rfc that talks about regional tld?
is there any known restriction for regional tlds sub-domains naming?
like: under "il" tld there will be only the domains: net,gov,co.. etc ?

Thanks,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru